Mr. Tilak Das
Shri Tilak Das is a graduate in Agricultural Science with Agricultural economics as specialized subject from Assam Agricultural University. During his illustrious career of over 35 years, Mr. Das attended various training programmes, seminars, and visited different places of India and abroad for exposure trainings. Some of his activities and achievements are as follows:
• Pioneered designing and implementing the process of electronic benefit transfer (EBT) of funds to beneficiaries under Direct Cash Transfer (DCT).
• Set up of Rural Skill Development Training Institutes (Rsetis) under the aegis of Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India and Financial literacy centers and conducting financial literacy camps across the region.
• Developed bank credit model for financing value chain in the eco system of Tea growers in Assam, Strawberry and turmeric growers in Meghalaya, Floriculture in Mizoram and Tripura, Passion fruit , King chilies & turmeric growers in Manipur & Nagaland etc. • Participated in review and policy formulation meetings in rural credit, financial inclusion, SHG bank linkages of Reserve Bank of India, NABARD, Govt. of India and various State Governments.
• Implemented Business Process Reengineering initiatives at branches and centralized processing cells in North Eastern Circle as internal consultant to Mckinsey & Co and leader of implementation team for Business Process Re-engineering in the Bank.
• Attended as Guest faculty in Institute of Bank Management; National Institute of Rural Development; State Institute of Rural Development, Assam; Assam Administrative Staff College; and NIT Arunachal Pradesh.
• Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme in IIM, Kolkata; Credit Management Programme at State Bank Staff College, Hyderabad; Intensive Technology Development Programme at State Bank Institute of Communications Management, Hyderabad; Neurological Linguistic Programming (NLP), by BIRD, Lucknow & IIBM, Guwahati.
• Visited Andhra Pradesh to study SHG movement as a core committee member of NRLM, Govt of Assam along with State and Central Govt. officials.
• Visited Bangladesh to study SHG movement by Bangladesh Gramin Bank and interaction with Nobel Laureate Prof Mohammed Yunus, sponsored by NABARD • Visited Germany & Netherlands for Agro business and agro-Processing in Organic farming, floriculture, cold chain and Commercial Dairy Value chains organized by Reserve Bank of India.
• Visited Renten Bank and Rabo Bank in Europe, organized by Reserve Bank of India.
Mr. Das retired as a Deputy General Manager and Head of Rural & Agri Business and outreach in State Bank of India, Local Head Office, North Eastern Circle, Guwahati. During his last assignment, he had the responsibilities of financial inclusion, SHG bank linkage, development of rural & agri business, lending to MFIs. He also was discharging the role of convener of lead bank in the region and monitored five Regional Rural Banks sponsored by State Bank of India, for the North eastern States. He has got over 35 years of experience with multiple responsibilities.